Are you planning to buy a car but confused about whether to go for a new one or a used one? Not to worry! You are not the only one who is facing this dilemma. Many people get stuck over this decision. It is so because one has to spend a huge amount of their hard-earned money.
The car might be your most expensive purchase after your home, so you have to think about which will work for you in the best way possible. There are many reasons for which people want to buy a new car, but sometimes buying a used car makes more sense. Let us look at the reasons why buying a used car can be your best decision.
- Used car helps in saving money – You can save a considerable amount of money by purchasing a used car. According to consumer reports, a new car is just 54% worth of the money you paid for it on average. However, it is not true for every vehicle, but still, it happens. The worth of the car starts depreciating from the day you bought it and drive to your home. It becomes a used car. Also, if you buy a used car, then the cost of its insurance will be less, and you will have to pay less sales tax.
- Used cars are reliable – Modern vehicles are designed in such a way that they can last longer. It is found that an average car can run for approximately 12 years. So if you buy a used car, it is still going to be reliable. You can expect your vehicle to last longer and save thousands of dollars at the same time.
- Lower customization costs – The best thing about buying a used car is that you need not pay for expensive dealership add-ons. You can install by yourself than on a new car. No other way can be better for saving money.
- You get warranties – You can get many used cars that come with the original warranty of their parts. For others, a new warranty can be created. So, never keep this myth in mind that used cars don’t come with warranties. If you get in touch with a professional dealer, then he will surely provide you a repaired car with quality parts and speedy service.
- Lower Insurance Cost – Initially, for a few years, cars have high insurance value, but as times pass the cost of insurance decreases. Suppose, if you plan to purchase a two years old car, then you can save half the amount on its insurance value. Isn’t it great?
So, what are you waiting for? Go, buy a used car, and give a pat on your back for saving a huge amount!