Tempered glass is a more safer type of glass as compared to the normal glass. Tempering puts the outer surface into compression and inner surface into tension and also it is processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatments so as to strengthen it.
Because of these stresses, glass when broken crumbles into small granular chunks instead of splitting into rough shards and these granular chunks reduce the chances of injury. Even tempered glass is used in a wide variety of applications in both residential and commercial areas.
Below are some benefits of tempered glass:
1) Stronger than regular glass: Tempered glass is processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatment to strengthen it and this way the glass is less likely to break which ultimately makes it more safer in comparison to the regular glass.
Tempered glass can withstand blows, scratches, strong winds, other impacts and weather events. Because of its strength, this type of glass is often used in big buildings and commercial settings as it is capable of withstanding higher forces and has high resistant capacity.
2) A safer type of glass: Since tempered glass has high resisting power and is more stronger comparatively to regular glass, it is capable of resisting breakage which makes one of the most significant advantages of tempered glass.
It is the safest type of glass as it has the capacity to withstand scratches, strong winds and other weather conditions. Also, when it breaks, it disbands into blunt, pebble-like pieces, rather than the sharp shards of any regular glass. The sharp pieces of an ordinary glass can cause deep cuts and severe injuries and on the other hand, tempered glass prevents severe injuries at the time of breaking of glass.
3) Resists heat, scratches, and damages: The time a traditional glass is exposed to heat it can destroy causing dangerous shards of glass to disperse. However, due to the strong capacity and high resisting power, the tempered glass can withstand even high temperatures. That is why tempered glass is mostly preferred in the bathroom where exposure to hot water is apparent.
Also, tempered glass is perfect for doors and windows as it is scratch resistant and can overcome the daily use and wear and tear . Tempered glass is appropriate for glass doors, display cabinets and windows as it assures that the surfaces stay flawless and bright for longer.
4) Numerous patterns and design options: Tempered glass is available in a wide range of patterns and designs as per your type and taste. Patterned, frosted, clear-colored, and engraved are some of the types of tempered glass available.
Due to the strength and capacity of tempered glass, it can be used creatively. Tempered glass is ideal for frameless shower doors and other frameless glass structures like partitions and commercial doors as they add a stylish and classy effect to both residential and commercial areas wherever it is used.
5) High quality: Tempered glass provides excellent quality and clarity. Choosing tempered glass for glass shower doors, strong windows, glass doors, cabinets, or display cases can assure you of high quality and durability.