What Will Happen If I Don’t Clean The Air Ducts?
Did you know that the air ducts in your home can become very dirty if not cleaned? It’s essential to clean them every few years to ensure that your family is breathing in clean air. If you don’t clean the air ducts, they can become clogged with dust, dirt, and other debris, which can cause respiratory problems for you and your family. Cleaning the air ducts is an easy way to improve your home’s indoor air quality and protect your family’s health. Additionally, leaving your air ducts dirty for a long time can damage your HVAC unit and increase your energy bills.
While cleaning your air duct is essential, many homeowners neglect this task. The good news is that it’s not too difficult to clean your air ducts, and it’s worth regularly checking, particularly if you have pets or live in an area with small animals around, to see if dirt and other particles have accumulated, especially if you have loved ones who are sick. Plus, once they’re clean, they stay that way with just a little maintenance each year.
Here are suggestions from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Choosing a Duct Cleaning Service Provider:
- Do not assume that all duct cleaning service providers are equally knowledgeable and responsible. Talk to at least three service providers and get estimates before deciding whether to have your ducts cleaned.
- It would help if you also were wary of duct cleaners who claim to be certified by EPA.
EPA neither establishes duct cleaning standards nor certifies, endorses, or approves duct cleaning companies.
- Do not allow the use of chemical biocides or chemical treatments unless you fully understand the pros and cons.
- Check references to ensure other customers were satisfied and did not experience any problems with their heating and cooling system after cleaning.
- Interview potential service providers to confirm they are experienced in duct cleaning and have worked on systems like yours; they will use procedures to protect you, your pets, and your home from contamination; and they comply with NADCA’s air duct cleaning standards and if your ducts are constructed of fiber glass duct board or insulated internally with fiber glass duct liner, with the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association’s recommendations.
Wasatch Clean Air is an indoor air specialist in Utah. We provide services over Salt Lake City, Sandy, and Draper; our headquarters is in South Jordan. Expect quality services and affordable prices that comply with requirements at Wasatch Clean Air. Read on what customers say about us here.
Please schedule a consultation or request a quote with our team today to learn more about how we can help you clean your air ducts!