Do you want to improve the performance of your car’s engine?
So, let us find the ways that can help.
It is difficult to find a way that is inexpensive and easy to implement to get the high-performance engine. A lot of physics, maths is involved in the functioning of the engine, and heat energy turns into mechanical energy to run it. However, you need not go in the depth of physics if you are not interested. We are here with some easy and quick ways to boost your car’s horsepower and engine performance.
- Keep air filters clean – Engine requires continuous delivery of air to function properly, and it is air filter that prevents impurities from entering the engine with the air. Thus, filter gathers a lot of pollutants over time, and if not cleaned on time, then the functioning of the engine suffers. So, if you want your car to breathe properly, then make sure that air filters are kept clean.
- Keep the car well lubricated – Friction created by anything reduces the performance of your car’s engine. It is the right lubricant that reduces friction and let your engine live longer. Experts suggest changing the fuel after regular intervals if you want your engine to work efficiently and smoothly.
- Increase compression – If you want to increase the horsepower, then consider increasing the compression. Moreover, it is the most common way to increase the power. But you have to be very careful while increasing the compression.
Compression and cam selection are closely related. It is so because the cam selection you make also affects the working compression. If you want to make sure that you select the best compression and cam, then consider taking the help of engine builder or manufacturer. Both have to be chosen in such a way that your car gets the power without damaging the engine.
- Water-injection kit – The water injection kit serves the two purposes. It increases the car’s gas mileage and reduces the amount of carbon deposit in the combustion chamber.
- Supercharger – A supercharger let air enter into the engine and combine it with fuel to increase its amount. It spins at a very fast speed of 50,000 RPM, which is even more than the engine itself. Moreover, it is powered by a crankshaft belt or chain, driving air into the combustion chamber. When everything is installed perfectly, 50% more power is produced. And if your car is average-sized, then you can see instant changes, feeling more powerful.
Furthermore, the most amazing part is that you can go for a DIY installation by going through the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Cylinder heads – It is imperative to select a good cylinder head if you want to increase the engine performance. Moreover, a quality cylinder head will give more power to your vehicle. Remember, bigger is not always better. To make the right selection, consider valve and port size along with flow numbers. It is suggested to buy cylinder heads from a trusted manufacturer only.